When it comes to pool tables, everyone aspires to create the best-possible playing experience for everyone. Proper pool table lighting is one of the most important factors in this regard. Lack of proper billiard lighting means under-lit games, shadow areas, and many other issues.
Importance of Pool Table Lighting
There are a number of factors contributing to a good pool table setup. This includes, but is not limited to:
- A level ground
- Ensuring there is enough room for players to move around
- A place for storing the pool cues
It is interesting that good pool table lighting is usually overlooked. Proper lighting helps eliminate shadows. Pool is a game where excellent vision and accurate shots are critical to success. Shadows can play a deceiving role, throwing players off completely. There should be uniform lighting conditions on the table for clarity.
There is more to good lighting than illuminating the table properly and in its entirety. It will also add an ambiance to the room. When it comes to choosing the perfect lighting, there are many reasons for considering led pool table lights. Explore some of the important reasons why LED lights are a perfect choice.
LED Lights for Pool Tables
LED lights have more to offer than efficiency and longevity. An increasing number of billiard light fixtures are now designed to be used with LED bulbs. Some of the key features of these lights are as follows:
- They can last up to 3 times longer than their CFL counterparts and up to 20 times longer than incandescent lights
- They are compatible with most types of bases used on pool table light fixtures
- They are also available in different temperature ranges, allowing you to select lights for the best output
- LED lights are also available in dimmable versions
It is best to test different LED bulbs to determine which one works best for your pool table’s setup, layout, and budget.
Pool Table Lighting – Function & Design
When installing pool table lighting, it is also important to determine how the lights will be put on your pool table. The lights should illuminate every corner of the table. LED lighting can provide all the illumination you need. These types of lights also make more sense when you consider the long hours of the game involved on a pool table. You will thus have enhanced illumination at a fraction of the cost compared to traditional lighting options.
It is recommended to keep the following points in mind when installing LED lights on pool tables:
- The lights must be installed at the right height from the table
- The LED lights shouldn’t cause any obstruction to the players
- You can also choose between single-shade and multi-shade lights
- The choice of the pool light can also be customized based on the aesthetics of the room
While there are many design options to choose from, you may also opt for the less ornate yet equally functional LED lights.
Thus, there are many benefits of choosing LED lights for pool tables. They are more versatile, flexible, cost-effective, and functionally more useful than almost all other alternatives.